In terms of international trade fairs, Germany ranks first in the world rankings. It hosts an average of 160 trade fairs every year. An average of 180000 exhibiting companies and 10 million people attend these fairs. This number means 2/3 of the most important fairs. Companies and people participating in these fairs spend about 15 million Euros a year. Worldwide and across Europe, Germany is the most important product transfer point
Some of the most important fairs held in Germany are;
• International Motor Show (IAA); Hannover, Frankfurt.
• Information Technologies (CeBIT); Hannover.
• International Franchise Association (IFA); Berlin.
• International Tourism Fair (ITB); Berlin.
• Frankfurt Book Fair; Frankfurt Buchmesse.
The umbrella organization of the German fair industry is AUMA. AUMA's mission is to strengthen Germany's position in the trade fair industry.